Department of Health
The Department of Social Health is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees heath issues in South Africa.
The Integrated School Health Policy 2012
This commitment aims to ensure that children’s rights are upheld, and that provision is made to enable all children to reach their full potential. This is especially important in the formative school years, during which providing special attention to children’s optimal health will improve not only their survival, growth and health, but also their learning outcomes and development.
Operational guidelines for supporting Early Child Development (ECD) in multi-sectoral HIV/AIDS programs in Africa
This document explains why services that address young children’s needs are essential and how they may be fully integrated within the framework of a national multi-sectoral HIV/AIDS program.
Early Childhood Development
What services do they offer:
- Home VISITS
Department of Social Development
The Department of Social Development is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees social issues in South Africa.
About applying for an early childhood development (ECD) programme registration certificate
Register partial care facilities – Early Childhood Development (ECD) center
About registering a partial care facility – Early Childhood Development (ECD) center
Department of Social Development South African ECD Conference March 2012
Building Future Leaders through Early Childhood Development
Guidelines for Early Childhood Development Services
It is not the aim of these Guidelines to be comprehensive but to provide basic information as set out in the different chapters. In essence, these Guidelines are divided to focus on three aspects namely, the policy and legislative provisions (Part One) and the actual service delivery (Parts Two and Three).
What services do they offer:
- We support four community libraries which are open every day and run holiday programmes for children in these remote villages.
- We also facilitate a home visiting programme to promote child and maternal health and early childhood development.
University of Johannesburg
What services do they offer:
- The Department of Childhood Education at the University of Johannesburg offers specialized undergraduate and post graduate degrees in the Foundation Phase.
- The undergraduate programme covers Literacy, Numeracy, Natural Science, Methodology of Foundation Phase, Professional Development and Educational Psychology. In addition to the class work, the undergraduate programme is enhanced by a practicum component where students spend some time in our primary school ‘Funda UJabule’ on campus every year.
- There are a diverse group of students in the Foundation Phase Programme. They range from teachers upgrading their qualifications to degree and specialized status, students straight from high school to adults seeking a challenging and rewarding career in education. The Department also offers Honors, Masters and Doctoral Degree specialisations in the Foundation Phase Education.
- The following courses are on offer
- Foundation Phase:
- Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
- B Ed Honours degree in Foundation Phase Teaching
- M Ed Degree focusing on Foundation Phase Education
- D Ed focusing on Foundation Phase Education
The Department of Education
The Department of Education is one of the departments of the South African government. It oversees primary and secondary education in South Africa.
The Nationwide Audit of ECD Provisioning in South Africa
In 2000, the National Department of Education together with the European Union Technical Support Project conducted an audit of Early Childhood Development (ECD) provisioning throughout South Africa. The aim of the Audit was to provide accurate information on the nature and extent of ECD provisioning, services and resources across the country in order to inform and support ongoing policy and planning initiatives in this crucial and expanding sector.
The National Integrated Plan for Early Childhood Development in South Africa, 2004
This document flows from a mandate given to the Social Sector Cluster by the first Cabinet lekgotla of the third democratic Government in May 2004. The mandate was to develop an integrated plan for early childhood development (ECD) and to present it to Cabinet for consideration.
National Protocol for Assessment Grades R-12 Question and Answer Book
The document also provides a policy framework for the management of school assessment, school assessment records and basic requirements for learner profiles, teacher files, report cards, record sheets and schedules for Grades R – 12
ECD services, which will include children who are 5/6 years old and are outside the school system, will be supported until the school system can adequately accommodate all 5/6 year olds.
Early Childhood Development National Certificates (Vocational)
This document provides the lecturer with guidelines to develop and implement a coherent, integrated assessment system for Early Childhood Development in the National Certificates (Vocational).
ASHA Early Childhood Development
What services do they offer:
- ASHA Trust works in poorly resourced areas to improve the quality of service and accessibility to early Childhood Development (ECD) facilities
- Materials development for adult learners with little formal education
- In – situ mentoring and support of ECD practitioners
- Construction and management of pre-schools
- Provision of teaching and learning resources to places of care for pre-school
- Skills development programmes for ECD practitioners focusing on child development, nutrition, legislative compliance, and small business management.
- Home crèche training
- Training Programme Development
- The C.A.R.E. programme for home crèches
- Money management for home crèches
- Inclusion in the home based center
- Enterprise Development
- The four training manuals of the C.A.R.E. programme developed by ASHA specifically to meets the training needs of practitioners in home based crèches
- Money management books for ECD practitioners
Tshwane South College (FET)
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Practitioner Courses:
- FULL TIME TRAINING:
- Level 4 FET Certificate: Early Childhood Development
- Credits: Minimum 120
- Duration: Minimum 12 months (1 year)
- Level 5 FET :National Diploma
The Department of Water Affairs is the custodian of South Africa’s water resources. It is primarily responsible for the formulation and implementation of policy governing this sector. It also has an overriding responsibility for water services provided by local government.
While striving to ensure that all South Africans gain access to clean water and safe sanitation, the water sector also promotes effective and efficient water resources management to ensure sustainable economic and social development.
United Nations Children’s Fund
UNICEF is the driving force that helps build a world where the rights of every child are realized. It has the global authority to influence decision-makers, and the variety of partners at grassroots level to turn the most innovative ideas into reality. UNICEF believes that nurturing and caring for children are the cornerstones of human progress. It works with others to overcome the obstacles that poverty, violence, disease and discrimination place in a child’s path.
Communication for Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation Programmes
This Manual, with a focus on sound principles in programme communication, will provide guidance on how to incorporate adequate communication and behaviour change approaches in water and environmental sanitation programmes. Above all, it is a practical guide for implementing the operational strategies outlined in the Board-approved WES Strategy Paper (UNICEF Strategies in Water and Environmental Sanitation E/ICEF/95/17). As such, it is an important tool for field professionals in the implementation of UNICEF Programme Priorities, and the acceleration of progress towards the goals established at the World Summit for Children.
This handbook is a practical guide for implementing the operational strategies outlined in the Board-approved WES Strategy Paper (UNICEF Strategies in Water and Environmental Sanitation – E/ICEF/95/17). As such, it is an important tool for field professionals implementation of UNICEF Programme Priorities and the acceleration of progress towards the goals established at the World Summit for Children. The Water Handbook is part of a series of modules which were written with the objective of assisting UNICEF programme and project officers in the operationalization of the new WES strategies as presented in: UNICEF Strategies in Water and Environmental Sanitation.
Manual on School Sanitation and Hygiene.
This School Sanitation and Hygiene Manual is one of the Technical Guidelines Series prepared by the Water, Environment and Sanitation Section, Programme Division, UNICEF, in collaboration with the IRC. The aim of the book is not to prescribe, but to give overviews, stimulate change and provide ideas and guidance to all those who want to make schools centres of learning, practising and diffusion of good sanitation and hygiene practices for the children, their teachers and parents, and their communities at large.
- The Joint United Nations Programme HIV/AIDS. &n...
South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, STIs and TB: 2012 – 2016. Sections of Government Document.South Africa’s National Strategic Plan on HIV, ...
- Hello Mama! by Puseletso Vikwane. Having a chil...
- Little Ones’ Check Ups: A Thank You To All Nurs...
Frequently Asked Questions About Handwashing with Soap. By the Global Public-Private Partnership for Handwashing.Frequently Asked Questions About Handwashing wi...